Bookmark and Share

Monday, January 13, 2014

Three PR Resolutions for 2014

Allergies suck. I already was coping with an allergy to cow’s milk when I was diagnosed with a sensitivity to soy, wheat, oats and gluten last month, calling for a drastic diet change and the feeling that I’ve just hopped on the trendiest diet fad:  Be gluten-free!  After processing the overwhelming amount of information from my doctor, reading as many articles as I could and downloading apps on how to successfully eat gluten-free, I went to Johnny Garlic’s for one last hurrah and ordered a French dip roast beef sandwich slathered in horseradish sauce with a side of garlic fries. Needless to say, I was on my couch feeling horrible that evening, but boy, did that taste good. The following day I embraced the gluten-free lifestyle – even through the holidays – and haven’t looked back. 

My resolution to be a better me came at the end of 2013, but I thought I would add more for 2014. So here are my three PR resolutions:

Write Well. Sometimes I get too complacent when writing press releases, newsletters and reports. So I resolve to stop the cycle of fear and be more creative, focus on what the readers want, be concise and explore ideas by reading more. That should be easy enough.

Be Social. In this day and age, I need to learn more technology and social media. Between content management, social networking and the new apps being developed daily, I resolve to be more current with them and thus more social. 

Eat Well and Get Moving. I resolve to nourish my body right and exercise regularly to keep my mind sharp. Isn’t this the goal everyone has? With my new gluten-free lifestyle, I do feel 100 percent better and have ditched my daily dose of Claritin. So I think I’m off to a positive start. 

What are your resolutions for 2014?

~Muriel

No comments: