Bookmark and Share

Friday, February 1, 2013

Don't Supersize Yourself During the Super Bowl


Do you ever wonder how many calories all those yummy Super Bowl snacks add up to? Well, I don’t want to put a damper on your celebrating the pinnacle of football this Sunday, but those chips and guacamole and all the other goodies you’ll be reaching for add up to a whole lot more calories than you might imagine.

Just to prove my point, take Huffington Post’s online quiz – “Super Bowl Foods: HOW Many Calories Do Those Add Up To?” – to get an idea of how many calories you are taking in. I know I found some real surprises when I took the test myself. Go to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/01/super-bowl-foods_n_1246449.html.

And always keep in mind that moderation is the best policy. But if that’s not going to be possible this Super Bowl Sunday, maybe you can make up for some of those added calories by being an extremely animated cheerleader for the San Francisco 49ers. I know that’s what I’ll be doing. Go 9ers!

 
~Sharron

No comments: