Bookmark and Share

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Developing a Social Media Policy

I just listened in on a very informative Webinar put together by Cision about engaging social media. They had a lot of good tips about how to get involved with social networks and I found their advice on establishing a corporate social media policy particularly helpful.

I’ve had a lot of questions from clients about establishing a social media policy, so here are some helpful guidelines:

1. Identify your social media representative(s) and outline goals, messages and rules of engagement

2. Build guidelines for non-reps on engaging on behalf of your brand

3. Outline what can and can’t be done during working hours

4. Make sure this policy is regularly reviewed and updated

Thanks to Heidi and Jay for putting on a great Webinar this morning!

1 comment:

Amit Desai said...

Nice article and thanks for sharing your thoughts. I firmly believe that every organization big or small should have a social media policy. Recently I completed an analysis on usage of social media and its impact on productivity and have published my findings here http://www.gigathoughts.com/social-media/do-you-have-a-social-media-policy-for-your-organization.html

Hope you guys find it useful and also do let me know your views on the same