Bookmark and Share

Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Not You, It's Me

I understand that, as a society, we all have become very dependent on electronics. Whether it be the phone, the Internet or MP3 players, we find ourselves drawn to these devices due to anything from entertainment to work. But when I read this morning that these handy-dandy tools might actually be the competition in our interpersonal relationships I had to stop, re-evaluate myself and make sure that the important things in my life did not need to be charged or battery operated.

A new study by Sheraton Hotels found that 35 percent of BlackBerry and PDA users would choose their device over their spouse. Yes, I said spouse...not mouse.


Some highlights from the study:


--Eighty-seven percent of those polled said they bring their devices into the bedroom


--Another 84 percent check their emails just before they go to sleep


--Sixty-four percent said that they love their Blackberry and it makes life more productive


Call me a hopeless romantic if you may, but what happened to your spouse being the first person you want to see when you wake up and the last person you look at before you go to sleep?

-Tasha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many spouses would gladly embrace that trade in?!!

Mike